Friday, July 26, 2013

Food ...food ...food..!!

I am not a person in food business or any sort of related business. Closest I get to food is that I cook, like any normal housewife.. well, it is quite exciting once you are married (arranged) and you want to impress the "one and only "in your life. Remember the saying, "a way to man's heart is through his belly". Okay, so I spent fair share of time trying to get to his heart... which I did eventually..yippeee...bu..t but.. but...not through food but maybe ..through other things !! Food was never important to him !!!

Well I should have been happy had it not been the case that my dear husband turned out to be quite a sophisticated and choosy foodie !

I tried my hand at different things, nine out of ten dishes being made the first time. Calling up every possible person in the family for the recipes and advice when I messed up ( which I did quite often). Thanks heaven for a family full of amazing cooks... ( well that makes things bad at times) who would come to my rescue immediately..and helped me survive in my kitchen for last two and a half years!!

You would wonder what made me write a blog on food, okay I realized I did have some interest in cooking long back which vanished God knows when... but I would not like to think the same way now. Especially when cooking does count. Also, I realized that it gives me tremendous joy to be able to cook something different ...well experiment..because whatever said and done.. I remain a self confessed foodie myself...who loves to have a fully gadget -ed kitchen. 
I have thrown a challenge to myself ....well the idea sprung after watching the " Juile and Julia"( amazing ..amazing movie) but I have modified to my convenience.The challenge is...

Making different dishes....WITHOUT REPEATING ANY !!!

If you happen to be reading this blog.... do write your comments.. I would love to communicate with you..and make this journey ...full of fun..food...and Happiness !!

Chao !!

No comments:

Post a Comment